New Frontier, New Paradigmn
"You get out what you put in." This is what I was told about high school, my undergraduate degree, and now my Ivy league education. I have found this to be absolutely the case, and now cost is no barrier. Be a lifelong learner, and enrich yourself in all the ways that YOU want with FREE knowledge, of high quality, all over the internet:
- Coursera lets you take FREE online classes. Structured, with collaboration! Top Universities!
- www.TED.com is a great website where big thinkers expound new and refreshing ideas, free to the public!
- MIT has a site of FREE video lectures. Here is the Link to their full course site
- Fora.tv is also an excellent site that highlights intellectually-stimulating topics.
- Academic Earth is also a great video catalog of videos from varied sources (Harvard, Stanford, etc.)--with a rating system so you know what the best videos are!
- Yale also has an impressive array of free videos and courses.
- iTunes University is an extremely developed platform for learning a wide range of topics.
- The teaching company has an eclectic collection of material, but it costs money...
- A good jumpstart can be had by reading this article.
- Perhaps THE BEST one, though, is the Khan Academy--the explanations are SO simple, and you can TRACK your progress!
Barry Schwartz on "The Paradox of Choice"